Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is used as an anti-epileptic drug used to treat Epileptic seizures, also treat neural pain, facial neuralgias like Trigeminal neuralgia.
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is chemically composed of Carbamazepine.
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is a voltage gated sodium channel inhibitor
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is taken orally with or without food
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is to be used under doctor’s advisement
Carbamazepine 200 mg
Platinum Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Ltd
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is an anti-epileptic drug used to treat epilepsy and prevent seizures. It is also used for the treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia, and nerve pain caused by diabetes.Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S reduces nerve impulses that cause seizures.It promotes a better quality of life for patients by reducing confusion, fear, anxiety, and jerky movements.
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S can be taken with or without a meal at the same time daily.The dose of Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S and the times it needs to be taken will be decided by your doctor according to the severity of your symptoms.The dose may be increased with time.Do not stop the use of Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S abruptly and continue using until the treatment is over.
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S may interact with other medications so your doctor needs to be informed of any other ongoing treatments before treatment with Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is started. Any illnesses like kidney, liver or heart diseases and depression need to be informed about to your doctor prior to the treatment.
Symptoms may include dizziness, nausea, drowsiness, vomiting, unsteadiness, itching, constipation and dry mouth. Let your doctor know if you feel changes in mood or experience a rash.Blood tests may be advised (e.g CBC) before and during treatment to keep a check on the progress.
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S can be used for:
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Nerve pain
- Bipolar disorder
How Does Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S Work:
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is an anti-epileptic medication that works by reducing the excessive activity of nerve cells in the brain which in turn causes a reduction of fits or seizures.
How To Use Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S
Tablets- should be swallowed whole with water without crushing or chewing it.Can be taken with or without a meal.
The dosage depends on the illness that is being treated. Usually a low dose of 100-200mg once or twice a day will be prescribed which will be increased over a period of a few weeks.
- Epilepsy: 800mg-1200mg taken as one or two doses.
- Nerve pain: 600-800mg taken as one or two doses
- Bipolar disorder: 400-600mg taken as one or two doses
Dosage will be prescribed by your doctor according to your child’s weight
- <6 years: May divide frequency into 3-4 times daily not to exceed 35 mg/kg/day
- 6-12 years: 400-800 mg/day, not to exceed 1000 mg/day
- 12-15 years: Dose not to exceed 1000 mg/day
- >15 years: Dose not to exceed 1200 mg/day
Pregnancy And Lactation:
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S may be harmful to the baby during pregnancy and should only be taken if the benefits of it outweigh the risks.If you are trying to conceive a baby or have conceived during your treatment with Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S , your doctor must immediately be informed. Treatment is important to be pursued as the seizures could be harmful for both mother and unborn child.
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S can be taken during breastfeeding even though it may also be passed to the baby through breast milk. However, it is still important to continue treatment to keep you feeling well. If the baby shows unusual signs such as sleeping more or not feeding well then please report to your doctor immediately.
Before using Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S , consult your doctor if you have a medical history of any of the following:
- An allergic reaction to carbamazepine or any other drug
- Heart, kidney, or liver disease.
- Decreased bone marrow function
- High cholesterol
- Decreased platelets
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Myasthenia gravis
- Inability to empty bladder
- Under 1 month of age
While taking Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S caution must be exercised under the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning to conceive
- Consumption of Grapefruit juice
- Must not stop medication abruptly
- If dose has been missed
- Do not drive if any symptoms occur
Interaction with other medications:
Please tell your doctor about the use of the following before using Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S
- Heart medicines (such as Apixaban,Rivaroxaban or Diltiazem)
- Anticoagulants (such as Warfarin)
- Antibiotics (such as Clarithromycin, Erythromycin)
- Antifungals (such as Fluconazole)
- Depression or anxiety medication such as Amitriptyline, Citalopram, and Mirtazapine
- Immunosuppressants such as Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus, or Sirolimus
- HIV or AIDS medication such as Dasubavir, or Ritonavir
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) can affect Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S even after being stopped for some weeks
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S makes some painkillers like Tramadol, Oxycodone, and Buprenorphine less effective but Paracetamol and Ibuprofen can safely be taken with Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S
Common side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Loss of muscle coordination
- Dry mouth
Rare side effects:
- Bleeding or bruising
- Mouth sores
- High temperature
- Sore throat
- Suicidal thoughts
- Rash with ulceration, flushing or blisters which could also be indicative of Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Yellowing of eyes and skin indicative of liver problems
- Serious allergic reaction to Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S
How to cope with some of the side effects:
- Feeling drowsy or dizzy -If the medication makes you feel drowsy or sleepy, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Blurred vision- this side effect tends to go away on its own if a few days; patients are advised to not operate heavy machinery or drive any motorized vehicles in the meantime.If blurred vision persists, please contact your doctor.
- Constipation- Can be combated by adding more fibers to the patient’s diet, asking the patient to drink plenty of fluids and to increase their physical activity to trigger contractions in the intestines.
- Dry Mouth- Can be helped by sipping water throughout the day, chewing sugarless gum and using alcohol-free mouthwash, allowing ice to melt in the mouth or using a saliva substitute.
- Skin Rash- can be eased by applying soothing and healing lotions or creams such as calamine lotion/cream. Apply a cold compress to the rash helps reduce itchiness and redness caused by rash. An antihistamine (prescribed by a doctor) is also recommended as an effective way to combat any skin rash.
- Fever- patients are asked to ingest over the counter painkillers (such as Paracetamol), partake in plenty of fluids and rest for a couple of days till the symptoms pass
- Seizures can be triggered by a missed dose, so if any dose is missed then it should be taken as soon as you remember
- A test of blood cells can be done regularly during treatment
- Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S does not cause addiction
- Comes in the form of tablet and syrup
#1.How fast does Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S work?
It could take around 1-2 weeks for symptoms to improve, however it could take longer but if you are concerned about your progress please consult your doctor.
#2.How to store Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S ?
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is to be kept away from the reach of children,in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and humidity as that tends to ruin certain drugs.
#3.What if I miss a dose of Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S ?
If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next dosage time or next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
#4.Can Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S be taken during pregnancy?
Yes,Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S is deemed safe to be ingested during pregnancy under the care and supervision of a medical professional.
#5.Is it safe to take for a long time?
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S can be safely taken for months or years however in the long run, certain side effects can cause Osteoporosis or Osteopenia. Tests will be required to keep a check on your bone health and good diet along with exercise are recommended.
#6.How long do I need to take it for?
With Epilepsy or Bipolar disorder even after your condition has improved, its likely that you will still need to take the medication for several years after. With nerve pain, after the pain has stopped you will need to continue taking the medication for a few months to prevent it from returning.
#7.Is it safe to take painkillers while taking Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S ?
Yes, over the counter painkillers such as Paracetamol or Ibuprofen can be taken effectively.
#8.Can I take carbamazepine before surgery?
Yes, it can safely be taken before or after surgery however; it may lessen the effects of some muscle relaxants hence their dose may need to be increased for them to be as effective. Inform your doctor of your treatment with Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S before your surgery.
#9.Can oral contraceptives safely be consumed during treatment with Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S ?
Seizunil 200mg Tablet 25 ‘S reduces the efficiency of some oral contraceptives increasing the chances of pregnancy.