Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet 10 ‘S
- Preterax is a combination medication used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure.
- It contains two active ingredients, perindopril and indapamide, which work together to lower blood pressure.
- Perindopril belongs to a group of medications called ACE inhibitors that help to widen blood vessels and improve blood flow.
- Indapamide is a diuretic or a water pill that helps to remove excess salt and water from the body through the urine.
- Preterax tablets come in a strength of 2.5mg perindopril and 0.625mg indapamide, and are available in a pack of 10 tablets.
- The tablets should be taken orally, once a day, with or without food, and at the same time each day.
- Preterax may cause side effects such as dizziness, headache, dry cough, nausea, and tiredness, among others.
- It is important to inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have kidney or liver problems, or are taking any other medications before starting Preterax.
Indapamide 0.625 mg + Perindopril Arginine 2.5 mg
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet is a prescription medication used to treat hypertension, also known as high blood pressure. It is a combination medication consisting of two active ingredients – perindopril and indapamide. Perindopril belongs to a class of drugs called ACE inhibitors, while indapamide is a diuretic.
Here is a detailed article on the usage, benefits, side effects, precautions, and interactions of Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet:
- Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet is used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure.
- It is also used in the management of congestive heart failure and to reduce the risk of stroke in patients who have a history of cerebrovascular disease.
How to Use:
- Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet is taken orally, usually once a day.
- It is recommended to take the medication at the same time every day, with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- The dosage of the medication may vary depending on the patient’s medical condition and response to treatment. It is important to follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet effectively lowers blood pressure, which reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps to decrease the amount of water and salt in the body, thereby reducing the strain on the heart and blood vessels.
- This medication also helps to improve symptoms of heart failure, such as difficulty breathing and swelling of the ankles and feet.
- Some common side effects of Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet include dizziness, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, and constipation.
- Rare side effects may include fainting, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, and severe allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- If any of these side effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions or allergies before taking this medication.
- It is important to inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- This medication may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication, as it can worsen the side effects.
- It is important to regularly monitor blood pressure and kidney function while taking this medication.
- Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet may interact with other medications, such as diuretics, potassium supplements, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and certain antibiotics.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medications or supplements before starting Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet.
In conclusion, Preterax 2.5mg/0.625mg Tablet is an effective medication used to treat hypertension and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. However, it is important to take this medication under the guidance of a doctor, as it may have potential side effects and drug interactions. If you experience any side effects, contact your doctor immediately.