Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is prescribed to treat symptoms of motion sickness such as nausea,dizziness and vomiting
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml contains Dimenhydrinate
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is to be administered under doctor’s advisement
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml can be prescribed to adults and children
Ampule – Injection
Dimenhydrinate 50 mg / 1 ml
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is an anti-emetic medicine and belongs to a class of drugs called Antihistamines. Based on the mechanism of action, it belongs to the H1- antagonist pharmacological group used to manage conditions like motion sickness resulting in nausea, vomiting, and vertigo. Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml also has sedative potential manifested in the form of drowsiness, so precautions should be taken accordingly. Dimenhydrinate is available as oral tablets, IV solution as well as oral syrup to be taken strictly under a doctor’s prescription.
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is chemically composed of Dimenhydrinate whose exact working mechanism is not well understood. However, it is thought that it works by blocking the effects of released histamine from H-1 receptors, a chemical agent involved in gastric muscle contraction and its secretion. It possesses antimuscarinic action and sedative properties as well. Adequacy of liver function must be ensured since this drug is processed by the liver mainly. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes for symptoms to improve after oral intake.
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is available in the form of oral syrup on prescription to be swallowed via mouth with a glass of water, usually in prescribed doses at 4 to 6 hours intervals in a day or as advised by the doctor. When using it for motion sickness, take it at least 30 minutes before the journey or activity triggering motion sickness starts. Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is more suited for children between the ages of 2 to 11 years due to easy intake and compliance. In case of pregnancy and lactation, ask your doctor first due to potentially harmful effects on the unborn baby. The most common side effects observed with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml are drowsiness, constipation, loss of appetite, tinnitus, and others.
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is prescribed to adults and children alike and it is used in the treatment of motion sickness causing:
How does Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml work?
H-1 receptors are present on a variety of biological membranes inducing different responses when stimulated. The gastric tract also contains these receptors the effect of which is seen in form of smooth muscle contractility when induced. It helps with motion sickness by blocking the effects of released histamine, slowing down the motility, and helps with vertigo through its antimuscarinic activity. Moreover, it readily spreads across the brain, causing a sedative effect.
How to use Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is available in the form of oral tablets to be taken once a day or as advised by the doctor. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water without chewing or crushing the tablets, at least 30 minutes before setting off for a journey or anything likely to cause motion sickness. In general, the treatment with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is prescribed as per need, taken every 4 to 6 hours or as needed. Dosage is dependent upon your age, weight, condition, and response to the treatment, taking more than advised is likely to cause side effects.
Available Potency of Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml
- 50 mg – Tablet
50 to 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours a day
The maximum dose per day: is 400 mg
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is not prescribed to children under 2 years of age due to unestablished safety. For children under 10 years of age, the syrup form is more suited due to compliance and easy intake. Following dosage is recommended, follow your doctor’s advice:
6 to 11 years: 25 – 50 mg orally every 6 to 8 hours in a day
The maximum safe dose per day is 150 mg
12 years and above: 50 to 100 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours in a day
The maximum dose per day is 400 mg
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml must be used with caution in patients aged 60 and above. Dose adjustment may be required in case of impaired renal or heart function. Your physician will set the dose most appropriate for your health status.
Liver Disease: Caution should be practiced, dose adjustment may be required
Pregnancy use and lactation
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is classified as a pregnancy category B drug by FDA (meaning no evidence of any risk in controlled animal trials but regarding the human fetus, insufficient data is available). It is advised if you are pregnant or are planning to conceive, please consult your doctor before using Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml. Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is also secreted in human milk in little amount, if you are breastfeeding, please consult your doctor before taking Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml.
Please inform your doctor if you have a history of any before using Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml:
- Allergic reaction to Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml or similar drugs
- Severe Liver disease
- Enlarged prostate
- Asthma or chronic lung disease
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before starting or during the treatment with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml:
- Make sure to rule out any allergies to Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml or any similar drug
- Do not use household spoons to measure the syrup dose. A calibrated spoon/cup is available with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml for dosing purposes. Alternatively, a syringe can be bought from a pharmacy.
- Compromised liver function can negatively affect your body since Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is largely processed in it, discuss it with your doctor.
- Elderly patients (65 years and above) should exercise caution, especially if they are feeble and lack balance or have gait problems
- Watch out for the signs of increased excitation in children or hyperactivity following intake of Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml
- Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml has a direct effect on the brain causing drowsiness, avoid driving or any activity involving sharp or heavy tools
- Be protective against falls or injury
- Alcohol consumption must be avoided with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml
- Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml can an addicting effect on some individuals, misuse of Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml must be avoided
- Avoid using Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml if you suffer from lung disease or have breathing problems
- Monitor the improvement in your symptoms, in case there is no difference ask your doctor
- Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml can cause tinnitus of the ears, if you are using any medicine for ear conditions, it may mask this side effect
- Patients with seizures or a history of convulsions should be very careful while using Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml
Interaction with other medications
Certain medications could interact with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml and may increase or decrease its absorption, in which case, your doctor might alter your dosage. A few of these interacting drugs are given below:
- Topical or Oral Antihistamines
- Antidepressants like MAO Inhibitors
- General anesthetics
- Anti-Parkinson Drugs
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Muscle relaxants
- Ototoxic drugs
Like most medicines, Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml has some side effects which include:
Common Side effects
- Constipation or Diarrhea
- Skin rash
Rare side effects
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Blurred vision
- Blurred vision
- Restlessness/ agitation
- Loss of appetite
- Dilated pupils
- Inability to urinate (urinary retention)
- Mental confusion/irritation
LIST OF HOW TO DEAL WITH ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) or diarrhea –Avoid eating rich or spicy food. It might help to take medication after food. If you’re sick, try drinking small, frequent sips of water.
- Fatigue – Patients experiencing this adverse effect are advised to take deep breaths, intake tea or coffee, get a good night’s rest, and not overburden themselves for a few days.
- Feeling drowsy – If the medication makes you feel drowsy or sleepy, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better, and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Headaches – In which case make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid the use of alcohol. Take a prescribed painkiller. Consult your doctor if the headaches last longer than a week or are severe
- Feeling dizzy (lightheaded) or weak – If the medication makes you feel dizzy or weak, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better, and do not rise too fast or immediately from sitting or lying down to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Photosensitivity – Patients are asked to wear sun-protective clothes when going outside including gloves and a hat, to apply generous amounts of broad-spectrum sunblock along with wearing sunglasses. Patients are advised to do all necessary work after sunset to reduce or eliminate sun exposure while undergoing treatment with Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml.
- Skin Rash – Can be eased by applying soothing and healing lotions or creams such as calamine lotion/cream. Apply a cold compress to the rash to help reduce itchiness and redness caused by the rash. Antihistamine (prescribed by a doctor) is also recommended as an effective way to combat any skin rash.
- Blurred vision – This side effect tends to go away on its own in a few days; patients are advised to not operate heavy machinery or drive any motorized vehicles in the meantime. If blurred vision persists, please contact your doctor.
#1. WHAT EXACTLY DOES Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml DO?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml helps relieve symptoms of motion sickness causing dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
#2. HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO TAKE Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml FOR?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is usually taken as per need and not a long-term course
#3. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml TO START WORKING?
The onset of action normally starts working within 30 minutes to 1 hour of ingestion
#4. CAN I STOP TAKING Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is taken as per need and it must not be taken more than required
#5. WHAT IF I TAKE TOO MUCH OF Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml?
If you have taken too much of the prescribed Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml you may experience symptoms of overdose, for example, fast pounding, irregular heartbeat, upset stomach, blurred vision, fainting, dizziness, seizures, or life-threatening severe symptoms. Contact your doctor immediately and rush to a nearby hospital if you have any of these symptoms. toxicity can be fatal if left unattended.
#6. CAN I TAKE Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml DURING PREGNANCY OR BREASTFEEDING?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml may have a safety concern for the unborn baby, hence not advised without a doctor’s consultation. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor before using Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml. If you are breastfeeding, please consult your doctor before taking Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml.
#7. CAN THE USE OF Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml CAUSE DROWSINESS?
It causes drowsiness, dizziness, and visual disturbances. If you experience any of these symptoms avoid driving or operating heavy machinery or sharp tools.
#8. HOW SHOULD Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml BE STORED?
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat, direct sunlight, and moisture. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children, and other people. Dispose of the unused medicine. Store it between 15 to 25 °C
#9. CAN I DRIVE OR RIDE A BIKE AFTER TAKING Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml?
Usually Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is known to cause dizziness so make sure you know how your body reacts while using ‘product’. Do not drive or use any machinery until you feel normal again.
#10. CAN I DRINK ALCOHOL WITH Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml?
Gravinate 50mg Ampule 1 ml is known to cause drowsiness, hence taking alcohol with this drug is strictly not advised.