Lorel Syrup 60 ml
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml contains loratadine as an active pharmaceutical ingredient.
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml is an antihistamine which is used to treat symptoms of irritation such as itchy, runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing from hay fever.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food, usually once a day or as directed by your doctor or the product package.
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml is available in suspension form
Loratadine 5 mg / 5 ml
Standpharm Pakistan Pvt Ltd
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Lorel Syrup 60 ml was created to bring relief to patients suffering from allergies and allergic reactions by working blocking histamine and its effects on the human body.A teaspoon per day is commonly prescribed to patients to be ingested either with or without food.The dosage of Lorel Syrup 60 ml is dependent upon the patient’s age,weight,medical condition,patient’s response to the drug,any medications patient might be having along with Lorel Syrup 60 ml and any adverse effects felt by the patient.It is recommended that patients ingest Lorel Syrup 60 ml at the same time each day and put an alarm as a reminder if need be.
Lorel Syrup 60 ml is safe to be prescribed to patients over the age of 2 years and is considered safe to be recommended to expecting and lactating women.The intake of alcohol is prohibited while undergoing treatment with Lorel Syrup 60 ml as it may cause extreme drowsiness.If the patient is having other prescription drugs along with Lorel Syrup 60 ml it is imperative that they inform their doctor before taking Lorel Syrup 60 ml as drugs such as erythromycin,antifungals and certain heart medications are said to interact with Lorel Syrup 60 ml negatively.
Adverse effects of Lorel Syrup 60 ml are rarely felt and effects such as dry mouth,fatigue and drowsiness tend to resolve on their own in a few hours to days time.If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next day,do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
Lorel Syrup 60 ml can be used to treat:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Hay fever
- Insect bites/stings
How Does Lorel Syrup 60 ml Work
Lorel Syrup 60 ml belongs to a group of chemicals known as antihistamines that work by blocking histamine and its effects on the human body.Histamine is a natural substance found in the body that is very helpful in helping the immune system fight external and harmful invaders but in reactions with pollen,insect bites and other irritants can lead to an allergic reaction which Lorel Syrup 60 ml can successfully prevent.
How To Use Lorel Syrup 60 ml
Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be ingested orally (by mouth) either with or without food with plenty of water.Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be ingested on the advice of a physician and only for the period of time prescribed,not more.
Two teaspoons are prescribed most commonly per day.
Lorel Syrup 60 ml is not recommended for children under the age of 2 years.The dosage for children 2 years and above is customized for their weight and age.For children weighing 30kgs and above,a teaspoon or two are commonly prescribed.
Pregnancy Use And Lactation
It is considered safe to prescribe Lorel Syrup 60 ml to pregnant and lactating mothers even though trace amounts of Lorel Syrup 60 ml are found in breast milk.Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be ingested under the advice and care of a doctor and for the time period specified only.
Please tell your doctor if you have a history of any of the following before using Lorel Syrup 60 ml:
- Allergy to Lorel Syrup 60 ml or any other medicine or food substance
- Severe liver impairment
- Severe kidney impairment
- Lactose intolerance
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before using Lorel Syrup 60 ml:
- Old age
- Other medicines that may cause drowsiness
Interactions With Other Medications
Please tell your doctor about the use of the following before using Lorel Syrup 60 ml
- Amiodarone (heart medication)
- Cimetidine (used to treat stomach ailments)
- Erythromycin (antibiotic)
- Ketoconazole (antifungal)
Common Adverse Effects
Like most medicines,Lorel Syrup 60 ml has certain side effects which include:
- Dry mouth
These effects tend to be mild and resolve in a few days of taking Lorel Syrup 60 ml.
Rare Adverse Effects
Lorel Syrup 60 ml does not have many adverse effects,on a very rare occasion it might trigger an allergic reaction in susceptible patients.
How To Cope With Some Of The Adverse Effects
- Dry Mouth- Can be helped by sipping water throughout the day,chewing sugarless gum and using alcohol free mouthwash,allowing ice to melt in the mouth or using a saliva substitute.
- Fatigue- Patients experiencing this adverse effect, are advised to take deep breaths,intake tea or coffee,get a good night’s rest and not to over burden themselves for a few days.
- Feeling drowsy -If the medication makes you feel drowsy or sleepy,stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Headaches- In which case make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid the use of alcohol. Take a prescribed painkiller. Consult your doctor if the headaches last longer than a week or are severe.
Key Facts About Lorel Syrup 60 ml
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml is prescribed to patients suffering from allergies
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml is safe to be prescribed to pregnant or lactating women
- Lorel Syrup 60 ml may cause common symptoms such as dry mouth,fatigue and drowsiness
- A teaspoon of Lorel Syrup 60 ml is prescribed per day
- Alcohol intake is not recommended while undergoing treatment with Lorel Syrup 60 ml
#1.CAN I CONSUME ALCOHOL WITH Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
Alcohol is known to cause drowsiness.It is best to avoid the intake of alcohol during the course of your treatment as Lorel Syrup 60 ml causes drowsiness as well.
#2.HOW TO STORE Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be kept away from the reach of children,in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and humidity as that tends to ruin certain drugs.
#3.CAN I DRIVE AFTER TAKING THIS MEDICATION?
This medication is known to make you drowsy hence, if that happens kindly avoid driving or operating any heavy machinery.
#4.WHAT IF I TAKE TOO MUCH OF Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
It is safe to have a few tablets over the recommended dose as Lorel Syrup 60 ml is relatively safe with very few adverse effects.Excessive intake of Lorel Syrup 60 ml may lead to headaches and the patient is advised to inform a medical professional of the overdose as soon as possible.
#5.WHAT IF I MISS A DOSE OF Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
#6.HOW IS Lorel Syrup 60 ml SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN?
Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be ingested orally once daily or as per doctor’s prescription.Lorel Syrup 60 ml is to be taken either with or without food,preferably with water to ease the tablet’s passage to the patient’s throat.
#7.HOW DOES Lorel Syrup 60 ml WORK?
Lorel Syrup 60 ml belongs to a group of chemicals known as antihistamines that work by blocking histamine and its effects on the human body.Histamine is a natural substance found in the body that is very helpful in helping the immune system fight external and harmful invaders bu in reaction with pollen,insect bites and other irritants can lead to an allergic reaction which Lorel Syrup 60 ml can successfully prevent.
#8.WILL Lorel Syrup 60 ml AFFECT MY SEXUAL ACTIVITY?
No,there isn’t sufficient evidence to suggest that patients experience a decrease in libido.
#9.CAN I TAKE Lorel Syrup 60 ml DURING MY PREGNANCY?
Yes,Lorel Syrup 60 ml is deemed safe to be ingested during pregnancy under the care and supervision of a medical professional.
#10.WHAT ARE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS CAUSED BY Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
- Dry mouth
#11.HOW LONG DOES Lorel Syrup 60 ml TAKE TO SHOW EFFECT?
Lorel Syrup 60 ml starts to work and bring about changes in the human body an hour after ingestion.
#12.IS IT SAFE TO HAVE PAINKILLERS WHILE TAKING Lorel Syrup 60 ml?
Yes.Painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol are considered safe to have along with Lorel Syrup 60 ml.
#13.IS IT SAFE TO HAVE Lorel Syrup 60 ml ALONG WITH ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES?
No,there isn’t any evidence to suggest that Lorel Syrup 60 ml interferes with oral contraceptives.