Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is prescribed to treat cough,allergies and Asthma
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml contains various drugs such as Aminophylline (a bronchodilator),Diphenhydramine (an antihistamine),Ammonium Chloride (an expectorant) and Menthol (decongestant)
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is safe to be prescribed to adults and children aswell
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is to be taken orally (via mouth),after carefully measuring it out
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is to be used only when necessary
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is to be used under doctor’s advisement
Acefylline 45/5 mg + Diphenhydramine 8/5 mg
Nabiqasim Industries(Pvt) Ltd
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is used to treat cough produced by irritation of the airway or throat, as well as emphysema, asthma, and chronic bronchitis with bronchospasm. Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is also used to treat nausea and vomiting, insect bite, hypersensitivity reactions, motion sickness, etc.
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is available as a combination of Acetyloxytheophylline and Antihistamine. This medication works by relieving the symptoms of bronchospasm by relaxing the muscles or airways.
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is available in liquid form that is taken orally (by mouth) with or without food usually 2-3 times a day. Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is given to adults (above 18yrs) as well as children (below 17yrs age).
Dosage is largely determined by the patient’s reaction to the product as well as any side effects seen during therapy. Dosage should not be raised or decreased without consulting a physician, and the product should only be used for the time period prescribed.
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml may produce side effects such as a significant skin reaction (eg rash or itching), irregular breathing, blurred vision, etc.
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is used for:
- Motion sickness
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Insect bite
This medication can also be used for conditions that aren’t covered here.
How Does Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml Work:
Diphenhydramine has anti-histaminic qualities that function by competing with histamine for H1 receptor sites on effector cells to limit the spasmogenic and congestive effects of histamine, preventing but not reversing reactions mediated by histamine alone.
Acefylline is an adenosine receptor antagonist that helps to counteract the drowsiness caused by diphenhydramine.
How To Use Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is available in liquid form in a clear glass bottle. Medicine is to be shaken well before each use and the dose ought to be clearly measured out before ingesting. For children, it is advised that an adult administer each carefully measured dose of Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml. Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is to be taken regularly, preferably at the same time each day to help the patient remember their daily dose. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next dose time or the next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is to be ingested 2-3 daily by mouth with or without food or as directed by your doctor.
- Use a special measuring device/spoon to measure liquid forms of this drug.
- If you use a regular spoon, you could not get the right dose.
- Do not use this medication in larger amounts or more frequently than prescribed.
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is available in solution form.
The dosage is determined by your age, medical condition, and treatment response.
Form and strength:
For patients aged 18 years and above, 1-2 teaspoons of Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is taken orally (by mouth) two to three times a day.
For patients below 17 years, 1 teaspoon of Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml is taken orally (by mouth) one to two times a day.
Because the contents in Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml may induce allergies in children, it should not be administered to children under the age of six.
Pregnancy Use And Lactation
To avoid major adverse effects, Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml can be used during pregnancy after consulting with your doctor and disclosing your medical history.
Women can also take Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml while breastfeeding.
Please tell your doctor if you have a history of any of the following before using Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml:
- Allergy to Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml or any other medicine or food substance
- Breathing problems/Lung disease
- Premature or full-term neonates
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Prostatic hypertrophy
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before using Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml:
- Liver disease
- Cardiac disease
- Peptic ulcer
Interactions With Other Medications
Before using this product, please tell your doctor if you are using any of the following medications:
This document does not contain all probable drug reactions, it is advisable to keep a list of medicines in use and discuss it with your doctor ( this includes prescription/nonprescription and herbal products).
Common Adverse Effects
Following side effects may not require immediate medical attention until becomes troublesome:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Tingling of the skin
Rare Adverse Effects
Side effects to report to your doctor or health care provider as soon as possible include:
- Skin rash or itching
- Blurred vision
- Twisting or irregular heartbeat
- Increased chest congestion
How To Cope With Some Of The Adverse Effects
- Feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) or diarrhea –Avoid eating rich or spicy food. It might help to take medication after food. If you’re sick, try drinking small, frequent sips of water.
- Dry Mouth- Can be helped by sipping water throughout the day, chewing sugarless gum and using alcohol-free mouthwash, allowing ice to melt in the mouth, or using a saliva substitute.
- Constipation- Can be combated by adding more fibers to the patient’s diet, asking the patient to drink plenty of fluids, and increasing their physical activity to trigger contractions in the intestines.
- Skin Rash- can be eased by applying soothing and healing lotions or creams such as calamine lotion/cream. Apply a cold compress to the rash to help reduce itchiness and redness caused by the rash.
- Blurred vision- This side effect tends to go away on its own in a few days; patients are advised to not operate heavy machinery or drive any motorized vehicles in the meantime.If blurred vision persists, please contact your doctor.
Key Facts About Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml
- Without a doctor’s permission, use Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml with caution.
- Before using this prescription, tell your doctor about your medical history, including any breathing issues or lung illness.
- When using this syrup, avoid consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml should not be used in excess if you need relief quickly.
- What is Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml composed off?
Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml contains Acefylline and Diphenyhydramine as active ingredients.
- How to store Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml?
Keep Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml in a container at room temperature. Protect from heat. Store in a cool, dry location. keep all medications in a secure location and should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- Can I take Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml during my pregnancy?
Yes, Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml can be used during pregnancy after consulting with your doctor and disclosing your medical history.
- What if I take too much of Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml?
In case of too much consumption by accident, kindly contact your doctor or nearby hospital right away. The amount of medication that can result in severe side effects varies from person to person. An overdose results in slowing down of heart rate and difficulty breathing accompanied by dizziness and fainting spells.
- What if I miss a dose of Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml?
If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next dosage time or the next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
- Will Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml affect my sexual activity?
No, there isn’t sufficient evidence to suggest that patients experience a decrease in libido.
- Is it safe to have Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml along with oral contraceptives?
Yes. There is no evidence to suggest that Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml interacts with oral contraceptives.
- Can I consume alcohol with Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml?
Alcohol is known to make people dizzy, thus when combined with medication, it might cause significant dizziness. It’s recommended to stay away from alcohol while you’re getting therapy.
- Can I drive after taking this medication?
This drug has a history of making people dizzy, so if this happens to you, don’t drive or use any heavy machinery
- What dietary instructions are to be followed when using Acefyl Cough Syrup 60 ml?
Continue with the normal diet until you are instructed by your doctor to follow a special diet.