Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is prescribed in patients with anxiety and similar ailments
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S contains Bromazepam as an active ingredient.
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is taken orally with or without food or as directed by your doctor.
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is to be used only when necessary and for a specific number of days
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is to be used under doctor’s advisement
Bromazepam 3 mg
Standpharm Pakistan Pvt Ltd
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S belongs to a class of drugs called “Benzodiazepines”, specifically used in the short-term treatment of severe anxiety disorders although over some time it has also found some other applications such as in the treatment of mood disorders/ panic attacks. Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is chemically composed of Bromazepam, available as oral tablets to be taken strictly under a doctor’s prescription.
Bromazepam, contained in the Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S, imposes its inhibiting effect on the brain by acting through GABA A receptors. It reduces neuronal transmission and subsequently slows down the excitability of neurons in the brain.
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S can be prescribed to adults 18 years and above, the dosage of which depends on age, the severity of the condition, the patient’s response to medicine, and their comorbidities. Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is started on a low dose which is gradually increased. Unlike other anxiety medicines, Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S has an intermediate onset of therapeutic effects which may be seen in 1-4 hours. But treatment with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S must not be continued for longer periods, not more than 2-4 weeks or even less.
Abrupt discontinuation of Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S can cause withdrawal symptoms for which reason it is tapered down gradually before stopping the treatment altogether. The most common side effects of this medication are nausea, headache, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, reduced alertness, and amnesia.
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is prescribed to adults 18 years and above and it is used in the treatment of:
- Severe Anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
How does Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S work
Bromazepam, contained in the Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is a short-acting Benzodiazepine that binds to and enhances the inhibiting effect of GABA A receptors on the brain cells. It reduces neuronal transmission and subsequently slows down the excitability of neurons in the brain producing a relaxed state of reduced brain function.
How to use Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is available in the form of tablets. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water without chewing. In general, the treatment with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is started at the lowest effective dose which is gradually increased in potency and frequency over days to weeks as tolerance develops. Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is usually prescribed to be taken twice daily. Tolerance is common to develop with such drugs, dosage is titrated accordingly to match the therapeutic dose.
Available Potency of Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S
- 1.5 mg – Tablet
- 3 mg – Tablet
- 6 mg – Tablet
- Therapy for anxiety with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S may be started with a low dose to be increased gradually in increments.
- Starting dose – 3 mg, orally, twice, or thrice daily
- The dose may be increased gradually as tolerance develops
- Daily maintenance dose: 6-12 mg, twice or thrice daily
- Maximum safe dose: 60 mg/ day
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is not safe to use in children or adolescents below 18 years of age
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S must be used with caution in patients aged 60 and above. Dose adjustment may be required in case of impaired renal or liver function. Your physician will set the dose most appropriate for your health status.
- Elderly patients should start with a low dose of 3 mg twice a day
Pregnancy Use and Lactation
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is FDA pregnancy risk category D (harmful to the fetus), therefore if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor. Also Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is secreted into human milk, if you are breastfeeding, please consult your doctor before taking it.
Please inform your doctor if you have a history of any before using Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S:
- Allergic reaction to Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S or similar drugs
- Chronic lung disease/ breathing difficulties
- Myasthenia gravis (an autoimmune disorder of muscles)
- Sleep apnoea (sleeping disorder in which breathing stops)
- Patients with a prolonged history of alcohol or substance abuse
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before starting or during the treatment with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S:
- Compromised lungs, kidney, or liver function can negatively affect your body, or it may also elevate liver enzymes, in case of a liver disease discuss it with your doctor.
- Elderly patients (65 years and above) should exercise caution, dose adjustment may be done by the doctor
- Alcohol consumption potentiates the side effects, it must be avoided with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S must not be used for a longer peri
- Amnesia associated with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S can occur, close monitoring of the patient’s behavior is advised
- While prescribing Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S, patients with narrow-angle glaucoma must be careful because of certain side effects
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S has sedative effects which may induce drowsiness, avoid driving/riding a bike or operating any heavy machinery, or sharp tools till you feel better
- Any condition compromising your breathing should be reported to your doctor before starting this drug
- While on treatment with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S patients must be monitored closely for any unusual behavioral changes
Interaction With Other Medications
Certain medications could interact with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S and may increase or decrease its absorption, in which case, your doctor might alter your dosage. A few of these interacting drugs are given below:
- Antifungal’s “azoles”
- Proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole
- Calcium channel blockers
- Anti-convulsant like carbamazepine, gabapentin
- Antipsychotics like chlorpromazine, and clozapine methods.
Like most medicines, Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S has some side effects which include:
Common Side effects
- Depressed breathing
Rare side effects
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Blurred vision
- fever/ chills
- Restlessness/ agitation
- Mental confusion
- Abnormal or absence of motor coordination
- Swelling of ankles
- Cardiac arrest
- Retrograde amnesia
- Behavior changes
LIST OF HOW TO DEAL WITH ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) or diarrhea –Avoid eating rich or spicy food. It might help to take medication after food. If you’re sick, try drinking small, frequent sips of water.
- Fatigue- Patients experiencing this adverse effect are advised to take deep breaths, intake tea or coffee, get a good night’s rest, and not overburden themselves for a few days.
- Feeling drowsy –If the medication makes you feel drowsy or sleepy, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better, and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Headaches- In which case make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid the use of alcohol. Take a prescribed painkiller. Consult your doctor if the headaches last longer than a week or are severe
- Feeling dizzy (lightheaded) or weak –If the medication makes you feel dizzy or weak, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better, and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Muscular Aches and Pains- A hot or cold compress can be placed at the area of discomfort to bring relief; an over-the-counter pain reliever such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can be ingested to bring ease as well. Avoid high-intensity exercise while suffering from muscular pain.
- Flatulence- This can be eased by consuming smaller, more frequent meals that don’t trigger your flatulence. Getting a minimum of 30 minutes of daily exercise has shown great results in combating flatulence.
- Heartburn – can be dealt with by chewing on mint-flavored gum that’ll help neutralize the acid in the body. Standing up straighter, adding ginger to the daily diet, elevating the patient’s upper body, and having licorice supplements has shown to provide relief.
- Skin Rash- can be eased by applying soothing and healing lotions or creams such as calamine lotion/cream. Apply a cold compress to the rash to help reduce itchiness and redness caused by the rash. An antihistamine (prescribed by a doctor) is also recommended as an effective way to combat any skin rash.
- Change in taste- this tends to go away as soon as the patient stops taking the medicine but while treatment; saltwater with baking soda (half a teaspoon of salt and baking soda in water) rinses and chewing on sugar-free gum can help dissipate the change in taste.
- Blurred vision- This side effect tends to go away on its own in a few days; patients are advised to not operate heavy machinery or drive any motorized vehicles in the meantime. If blurred vision persists, please contact your doctor.
- Dehydration- Patients are recommended to always care around a water bottle with them wherever they go and periodically keep sipping to prevent thirst and extremely dry mouth. Ice pops in hot weather and energy drinks (verified by the doctor) help combat dehydration.
- Flu-like symptoms- To manage symptoms, patients are advised to drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest and sleep. Take an antihistamine, a nasal decongestant, or a lozenge to feel better when needed.
- Redness Of the Skin- This can be combated by applying a cold pack to the affected area.
- Fever- Patients are asked to ingest over the counter painkillers (such as Paracetamol), partake in plenty of fluids, and rest for a couple of days till the symptoms pass
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is prescribed to adults for the treatment of severe anxiety /panic attacks
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S belongs to a group of centrally acting medicines, called benzodiazepines
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is not prescribed to pregnant or lactating women or children/adolescents below 18 years
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is prescribed to be taken orally usually twice or thrice daily
- Alcohol intake is not recommended while undergoing treatment with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S has some potential of causing dependence, it should not be stopped abruptly to avoid withdrawal symptoms
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S may cause common side effects such as stomach problems, drowsiness, dizziness, amnesia
- Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is not recommended for people with a history of drug/alcohol abuse
#1. WHAT EXACTLY DOES Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S DO?
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is chemically composed of Bromazepam, available as oral tablets which impose its inhibiting effect on the brain by acting through GABA A receptors, inhibiting neural transmission in the brain, and slowing it down.
#2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S TO START WORKING?
It has an intermediate onset of action normally it takes 1-4 hours for Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S to show its therapeutic effects.
#3. HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO TAKE Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S FOR?
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is not prescribed for long durations due to potential side effects. Generally, it is prescribed for 1-2 weeks only which may vary (not exceeding 2-4 weeks) as advised by the doctor.
#4. CAN I STOP TAKING Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S?
Do not just stop taking the medicine, make sure to complete your treatment course even if you feel better. Stopping it suddenly may cause withdrawal problems like difficulty sleeping, nausea, vomiting, irritability, sweating, etc.
#5. IS Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S HIGHLY ADDICTIVE?
Yes, it is addictive and may cause dependence, both physical and psychological, hence stopping the medicine abruptly can cause undesirable withdrawal symptoms.
#6. CAN I DRINK ALCOHOL WITH Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S?
Consuming alcohol when taking Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S may cause excessive drowsiness and could increase the risk of liver damage, hence should be avoided.
#7. WHAT IF I TAKE TOO MUCH OF Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S?
If you have taken too much of the prescribed Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S you may experience symptoms of overdose, for example, fast pounding, irregular heartbeat, upset stomach, blurred vision, fainting, dizziness, seizures, or life-threatening severe symptoms. Contact your doctor immediately if you have any of these symptoms.
#8. WHAT IF I FORGET TO TAKE Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S?
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is taken 2-3 times a day so you can take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it’s less than 12 hours until your next dose, in which case you should skip the missed dose. If it helps to remind you, set an alarm, or use a pill organizer or a mobile application so you do not miss any dose. Make sure to complete your course of treatment even if you feel better and think you do not need to take it anymore.
#9. CAN I TAKE Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S DURING PREGNANCY OR BREASTFEEDING?
Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S has a safety concern for pregnant and lactating females. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor before using Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S. If you are breastfeeding, please consult your doctor before taking Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S.
#10. CAN THE USE OF Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S CAUSE DROWSINESS?
It causes drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue (tiredness), and visual disturbances. If you experience any of these symptoms avoid driving or operating heavy machinery or sharp tools.
#11. CAN I DRIVE OR RIDE A BIKE AFTER TAKING Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S?
Usually Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S is known to cause drowsiness and dizziness so make sure you know how your body reacts while using ‘product’. Do not drive or use any machinery until you feel normal again
#12. HOW SHOULD Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S BE STORED?
Store it at room temperature, away from excess heat, direct sunlight, and moisture. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children, and other people. Dispose of the unused medicine.
#13. CAN Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S AFFECT MY SEXUAL ACTIVITY?
Sexual dysfunction may occur with Brolite 3mg Tablet 10 ‘S in some patients. It may cause a decrease in libido or erection problems in some patients. You must discuss this with your consultant before starting.