Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S
- Abapen 100mg Capsule is a medication that comes in a pack of 10 capsules.
- It contains 100mg of the active ingredient “Meropenem” which belongs to the carbapenem group of antibiotics.
- Abapen 100mg Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, skin infections, urinary tract infections, and septicemia.
- It works by preventing the bacteria from forming their protective cell walls, which ultimately leads to their death.
- Abapen 100mg Capsule should be taken as directed by a healthcare professional and usually administered intravenously in a hospital setting.
- Common side effects may include headache, nausea, diarrhea, and skin rash.
- It is important to complete the full course of treatment even if symptoms improve, to prevent the recurrence of infection and the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Gabapentin 100 mg
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S is a medication used to treat bacterial infections. It contains Meropenem, an antibiotic that belongs to the carbapenem group. This medication is prescribed by healthcare professionals to treat a variety of bacterial infections, including pneumonia, urinary tract infections, septicemia, and skin infections. In this article, we will explore the uses, side effects, precautions, and more of Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S.
How Does Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S Work?
Meropenem, the active ingredient in Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S, works by interfering with the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The medication binds to and inhibits the activity of certain enzymes responsible for the formation of the cell wall, ultimately leading to the death of the bacteria. This medication is active against a wide range of bacteria, including gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
What Are the Uses of Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S?
Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S is prescribed by healthcare professionals to treat various bacterial infections. It is commonly used to treat:
- Pneumonia: A lung infection that can cause coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing.
- Urinary Tract Infections: An infection that affects the urinary system and can cause symptoms such as pain, burning, and frequent urination.
- Septicemia: A potentially life-threatening infection that occurs when bacteria enter the bloodstream.
- Skin Infections: An infection that affects the skin and can cause symptoms such as redness, swelling, and pain.
How to Use Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S?
Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S is usually administered intravenously (IV) in a hospital or clinical setting. The medication is prepared by a healthcare professional and injected into a vein or muscle. The dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity of the infection, the patient’s age, and medical history. It is important to complete the full course of treatment even if symptoms improve to prevent the recurrence of infection and the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
What Are the Side Effects of Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S?
As with all medications, Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S may cause side effects. The most common side effects include:
- Skin Rash
- Swelling, Pain, or Redness at the Injection Site
- Increased Liver Enzymes
In rare cases, this medication may cause severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, which requires immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
- Swelling of the Face, Lips, Tongue, or Throat
- Difficulty Breathing
It is important to inform your healthcare provider if you experience any side effects while taking this medication.
Precautions and Warnings
Before taking Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S, it is important to inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are currently taking. This medication may interact with other medications, including probenecid, which can increase the levels of Meropenem in the blood.
Abapen 100mg Capsule 10 ‘S should not be used by individuals who are allergic to Meropenem or other carbapenem antibiotics. It should also be used with caution in patients with a history of seizures, as this medication