Avil Syrup 90 ml
Avil Syrup 90 ml is prescribed to treat allergic symptoms such as runny nose,watery eyes and itchiness
Avil Syrup 90 ml contains pheniramine
Avil Syrup 90 ml is to be taken orally (via mouth)
Avil Syrup 90 ml is prescribed to children and adults alike
60ml of Avil Syrup 90 ml comes packaged in a glass bottle.Each bottle is sold separately
Pheniramine Maleate 15mg/5ml
How to use, Side effects, Uses, Formula & Composition
Avil Syrup 90 ml is a Synthetic medication and belongs to the Alkylamine family. Based on the mechanism of action, it belongs to the H1-antagonist pharmacological group, as well as the Antihistamine, Decongestant Combination pharmacological group.
Avil Syrup 90 ml contains Pheniramine maleate as an active ingredient. This medication works by blocking the release of a chemical agent called Histamine. Pheniramine is an alkylamine derivative that inhibits histamine H1 receptors. It possesses anticholinergic and sedative properties as well.
Avil Syrup 90 ml is used to treat a variety of conditions and is available in both oral and topical formulations. Oral pheniramine can be included in over-the-counter (OTC) treatments for hay fever, upper respiratory infections, and the common cold. Pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander, and other eye allergens can produce redness and itching, which can be relieved by using pheniramine eye drops topically. is available in some over-the-counter allergy, cold, and flu medications, where it’s combined with other medications.
Avil Syrup 90 ml is available in syrup form that is taken orally after meals usually given as half or one full spoon to children or 1 -2 spoonfuls to adults, two to three times a day or as recommended by your doctor. This medication has the potential for abuse.
Dosage is largely determined by the patient’s reaction to the product as well as any side effects seen during therapy. Dosage should not be raised or decreased without consulting a physician, and the product should only be used for the period prescribed.
Avil Syrup 90 ml may produce side effects such as dry mouth, gastrointestinal disturbances, drowsiness, palpitation, urinary retention, or hypersensitivity reactions.
The following diseases, conditions, and symptoms are treated, controlled, prevented, or improved with Avil Syrup 90 ml:
- Itchy and runny nose
- Allergic rhinitis
- Motion sickness
- Itchy eyes
Pheniramine Syrup can be used for purposes not mentioned above.
How Does Avil Syrup 90 ml Work
When attached to the histamine H1 receptor, Avil Syrup 90 ml competes with histamine for binding and acts as an inverse agonist. Lower H1 receptor activation causes decreased itching, as well as reduced vasodilation and capillary leakage, which results in less redness and edema. This is evident by the reduction of the histamine-induced wheal (swelling) and flare (vasodilation) responses.
How To Use Avil Syrup 90 ml
Avil Syrup 90 ml is available in liquid form in a clear glass bottle. Medicine is to be shaken well before each use and the dose ought to be measured out before ingesting. For children, it is advised that an adult administer each carefully measured dose of Avil Syrup 90 ml. Avil Syrup 90 ml is to be taken regularly, preferably at the same time each day to help the patient remember their daily dose.
- If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next dose time or the next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule
- Use a special measuring device/spoon to measure liquid forms of this drug.
- If you use a regular spoon, you could not get the right dose.
- Do not use this medication in larger amounts or more frequently than prescribed
Avil Syrup 90 ml is available in solution form.
The dosage is determined by your age, medical condition, and treatment response.
Form and strength
Tablet: 25mg, 50mg, 75mg
Syrup: 15mg/5ml (60ml), 15mg/5ml (90ml)
1-2 measuring spoonfuls of Avil Syrup 90 ml two to three times daily after meals
Children 1- 3 years of age: half a measuring spoonful of Avil Syrup 90 ml two to three times daily after meals
Children 4-12 years of age: 1 measuring spoonful of Avil Syrup 90 ml two to three times daily after meals
1-2 measuring spoonfuls of Avil Syrup 90 ml two to three times daily after meals
Pregnancy Use and Lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, Avil Syrup 90 ml should only be taken if necessary and after careful consideration of the benefit/risk ratio for both mother and child.
Do not take Avil Syrup 90 ml and consult your doctor if you have a medical history of any of the following:
- Allergic/hypersensitive to Avil Syrup 90 ml and its contents, or any food product (such as pork, beef, etc.)
- Prostatic hypertrophy (enlarged prostate gland)
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Neonates or premature infants
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before using Avil Syrup 90 ml:
- Patients with eye problems
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disorder
- asthma or allergies such as sulfites
- Avoid using it with Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Avoid using it with alcohol
- Avoid using it with CNS depressants
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Interactions With Other Medications
Consult your doctor about the use of the following medicines before using Avil Syrup 90 ml:
- Monoamine oxidase Inhibitors
This document does not contain all probable drug reactions, it is advisable to keep a list of medicines in use and discuss it with your doctor (this includes prescription/nonprescription and herbal products).
Common Adverse Effects
Following side effects may not require immediate medical attention until becomes troublesome:
- Dry mouth
- Toxic psychosis
- Inability to concentrate
- Lack of sleep
Rare Adverse Effects
Because Avil Syrup 90 ml may induce serious and fatal infusion responses followed by cardiac collapse, the following side effects may require rapid attention and report to your doctor:
- Muscle weakness
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in urination
- Coordination disturbances
- Irregular heartbeat
This is by no means a complete list of possible negative effects. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any other side effects not listed above.
How To Cope with Some Of The Adverse Effects
- Dry Mouth- Can be helped by sipping water throughout the day, chewing sugarless gum and using alcohol-free mouthwash, allowing ice to melt in the mouth, or using a saliva substitute.
- Headaches- In which case make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid the use of alcohol. Take a prescribed painkiller. Consult your doctor if the headaches last longer than a week or are severe
- Feeling dizzy (lightheaded) or weak –If the medication makes you feel dizzy or weak, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better and do not rise too fast or immediately from sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Muscular Aches and Pains- A hot or cold compress can be placed at the area of discomfort to bring relief; an over-the-counter pain reliever such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can be ingested to bring ease as well. Avoid high-intensity exercise while suffering from muscular pain.
- Constipation- Can be combated by adding more fibers to the patient’s diet, asking the patient to drink plenty of fluids, and increasing their physical activity to trigger contractions in the intestines.
#1. How to store Avil Syrup 90 ml?
Keep Avil Syrup 90 ml in a container at room temperature. Protect from heat. Store in a cool, dry location. keep all medications in a secure location and should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
#2. What is Avil Syrup 90 ml composed of?
Avil Syrup 90 ml contains Pheniramine maleate as an active ingredient.
#3. What if I take too much of Avil Syrup 90 ml?
Seek medical attention right away if someone has overdosed and is experiencing dangerous symptoms like fainting out or having difficulties breathing.
#4. What if I miss a dose of Avil Syrup 90 ml?
If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day. If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next dosage time or the next day, do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
#5. Can I take Avil Syrup 90 ml during breastfeeding?
Avil Syrup 90 ml should only be taken if necessary and after careful consideration of the benefit/risk ratio for both mother and child.
#6. Can Avil Syrup 90 ml be used for itchy and runny nose and sneezing?
Yes, itchy, and runny noses, as well as sneezing, are among the most prevalent uses of Pheniramine Syrup. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
#7. How should I use Avil Syrup 90 ml, with food without food or on empty stomach?
Avil Syrup 90 ml is mostly taken after food. This, however, may not be the best way to utilize this medication. Please follow your doctor’s instructions on how to use this medication.
#8. When using Avil Syrup 90 ml, is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery?
It may not be safe to drive a car or operate heavy machinery if you feel sleepiness, dizziness, hypotension, or a headache as a side effect of this medication. If the medication makes you drowsy, dizzy or decreases your blood pressure significantly, you should not drive a vehicle. Patients are also advised not to drink alcohol while taking Avil Syrup 90 ml because alcohol amplifies the sleepiness adverse effects.
#9. Can I consume alcohol with Avil Syrup 90 ml?
Alcohol is known to make people dizzy, thus when combined with medication, it might cause significant dizziness. It’s recommended to stay away from alcohol while you’re getting therapy.
#10. Does Avil Syrup 90 ml cause addiction?
Avil Syrup 90 ml has the potential to cause addiction but if the correct dosage is ingested properly without being misused, there is no need to worry about addiction or dependency developing.
#11. Is it possible to discontinue using Avil Syrup 90 ml right once, or do I have to wean myself off it gradually?
Because of rebound effects, some drugs must be tapered or cannot be stopped abruptly. Please talk to your doctor about recommendations for your body, health, and other drugs you may be taking.